Friday, August 27, 2010

Facial features.

From now on, I think all of my picture posts will be 200x200 just to comfort for all the dialup users out there (hey I know there has to be at least one).

In this post, we will explore the variable facial features, as to determine the perfect face for our AI.

I have done a few basic drawings highlighting the difference in physical facial features and bone structure.

Figure A
This face shape is the average European standard of beauty. As you can see, the zygona process is thin and the face has an overall oval shape. I somewhat did edit the lips to make them slightly larger than average, and this will be expected in the end result. The brow ridge begins late, slanting the eyebrows downward-outward and the nose is thin, the nose ridge is high.

Figure B
This is the more conventional European face. The eyes are smaller than Figure A, the lips are thinner and the pout is smaller. The face is more rectangular than oval, the brow ridge begnins early. This is the standard face of most European models.

Figure C
This face highlights very different features than Figure A and B. It would also appear that the face in Figure C, is of a different ethnicity. Perhaps East-African or Asian. I'm thinking Korean. The face has a more smoothed, curved shape with wide cheekbones and an earlier hairline peak. The eye sockets are not as deep and the brow ridge is balanced evenly. The lips are also bigger than average.

Figure D
I originally intended to only have Figures A to C but I kept messing around with Figure C and came up with this very interesting face. Although accidentally not symmetrical, Figure D looks a lot more oriental than Figure C. This was interesting to me because I intended Figure C to be oriental. On closer examination, the cheekbones are a lot wider here than compared to Figure B.


Interesting.

1 comment:

  1. Nice.

    My mother paints and her paintings are all over the house

    ReplyDelete